Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Xtranormal


     I would like my students to be able to use Xtranormal's movie making as a creative writing tool.  At this time, if I’ve read their forums correctly, this is not possible without setting up individual accounts for each student.  This, in turn, means first setting up an active email account for each student (something not allowed in my district).  So… very awkward technologically and administratively. 
     In the meantime, I can imagine making short movies to communicate ideas to my students.  What is it about the confluence of the Monongahela and Allegheny Rivers that made it a great place for a city to grow?  Why do some things float, when other things the same size sink immediately to the bottom?  What can I expect on my first day of third grade?  The topics are endless.
     I was looking at Andréa’s blog.  I was very interested in her ideas about using Xtranormal as a tool to use in conflict resolution.  Could have used it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment